The 6" Pads are used for sanding rails, the board (shortboards and small shapes), between the fins and tight areas. The pads come with either a 14mm thread (which is used in Australia and majority around the world) and 5/8" thread (which is used predominately in the Americans), please check your sander or polisher for thread size before purchasing.
Shapers Back Up Pads come in three densities, to ensure the highest level of finishes are possible.
- Soft Density Pad: Ideal for rolling off decks, excellent to sand curves (such as shaping or sanding rail), round areas and concaves without leaving swirls (and minimises hitting the weave) and allows for fine finishes. Recommended for use with Shapers Sup Dot Paper 180#-320#.
- Medium Density Pad: Excellent all-round Sanding or Shaping Pad, the medium density will allow for minimal swirls and allow feathering, while providing enough give (flex) to sand the rails. Whilst suitable with all grades, most commonly used with 120# and 180#.
- Hard Density Pad: Ideal for the fast and effective removal of resin (and resin lumps) and foam. The hard density Shapers Pad is used for the flat ares of the board (Deck, Bottom and Fins). Recommended for use with 60#-80#.
Shapers Back Up Pads are custom made for surfboard manufacturing. The pads are manufactured from high quality, long lasting material used for both foam & fiberglass sanding and therefore ideal for Surfboard Shaping. These Pads have become the industry standard.
- 6" (150mm) Back Up Pad / Sanding Pad
- Foam Density - 30mm Thickness.